Tyres is originally from Northern Ireland and has a history of partying and drug use. His raving (and presumed accompanying drug intake) also makes him prone to hair-trigger mood swings. Tyres possesses a very short attention span and is easily distracted. He is a friend of both Tim Bisley and Mike Watt, and he frequently makes deliveries for Tim as well as the Fantasy Bazaar. He suspects Tim and Daisy Steiner are more than "just friends" and always refers to the two of them as such, with air quotes. He considers his life's mission to get other people to rave.
Tyres first appears during "Epiphanies", in which he visits Tim and Daisy at their flat and decides to take them, along with friends and neighbours, clubbing. Once out, he provides the group with ecstasy. The effects of the drug allow Mike Watt to regain his manhood (which was lost after being kicked out of the Rough Ramblers), Brian Topp overcomes his fear of clubs, and Tim and Daisy start to feel better about themselves. Afterwards, Tyres remarks that his work is done, and leaves through a smokey doorway, only to return a few seconds later, coughing.
Tyres appears again during "Help", in which he agrees to take Tim's portfolio to Dark Star Comics editor-in-chief Damien Knox. Unfortunately, the portfolio contains a cartoon of Knox saying "I am a massive wanker!" Tim and Mike try desperately to get it back, and Tyres agrees to distract Wallace, the security guard. In the end, Tim is saved by Sophie, who has removed the desired image, as well as one of her. Tim and Mike head back home, but lose Tyres along the way as the beeping of the stop light has prompted him to start dancing.
- “I was just coming back from a club, right, passing by your gaff and I remembered: You owe me 20 quid.”
- — Tyres to Tim.
- “Last night was an A-1, tip top clubbing jam fair. It was a sandwich of fun on ecstacy bread, wrapped up in a big bag like disco fudge. It doesn't get much better than that, I just wish sometimes I could control these FOCKING MOOD SWINGS!”
- — Tyres describing a night out.
Daisy: Did you want a cup of tea, Tyres?
Tyres: Ah, I couldn't eat a thing. My stomach's like a walnut.
Daisy: Can't you even have tea?
Tyres: No. No, no solids.
Daisy: Something orange?
Tyres: Uh, water.
Daisy: Water? Okay.
- His club name is Wilfred B • Ramble. This may be a reference to Henry Wilfrid Brambell, an Irish film and television actor best known for his role in the British television series Steptoe and Son.
- When pretending to apply as a guard, he tells Wallace that his name is Henry Krinkle and he lives on Hopper street.
- The sounds of everyday objects, such as a teapot and telephone, often set Tyres to dancing.
- Tyres makes an appearance in the 2004 British zombie romantic comedy film Shaun of the Dead. The film, like Spaced, was directed by Edgar Wright and stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as Shaun and Ed, respectively. Tyres is seen raving with a number of other similar zombies, and then later he is seen amongst the horde that attacks Shaun and co. at The Winchester pub.